Many people are comparing Koh Samui and Krabi for their natural beauty. It is true that both places offer their own uniqueness and it is great if you can spend your time there. But if you only have limited time and currently confused about which to choose, you may want to check our article below to help you decide your next destination.
In this article we are going to give you information about:
– What is Koh Samui and Krabi
– How is the Transportation in Koh Samui and Krabi
– What you can do in Koh Samui and Krabi
– Koh Samui and Krabi
About Koh Samui
Koh Samui or Ko Samui is an island in Thailand territory located at the east coast of Kra Isthmus. This island is very popular among travelers for its beautiful beaches and nature in general. Being the biggest island as well as famous tourist destination after Phuket, the island is 73% occupied by hotels. The climate here is called tropical savanna climate, so you can expect that the temperature is pretty high here around 30 degree Celsius. Rain is almost happened every month but the numbers are the highest around October and November.
Transportation in Koh Samui
To reach the island, you can fly from your country to Bangkok then fly to Koh Samui. If you want to prolong and enjoy water transportation, you can fly to Surat Thani instead and cross to the island with a ferry. When you are already on the island, you can move around using Thailand traditional public transportation called Songthaew and regular Taxis. If you want to move around more freely, you can try renting motorbike or car.
Attraction in Koh Samui
Here are some recommended activities, you can do in Koh Samui:
– Try visiting Lamai Beach. Here you can see Hin Ta and Hin Yai Rocks, which is based on a tale of tragic accident of a pair of parents who want to meets their would be daughter in law.
– For those who love Scuba, you should visit Koh Tao. Here is one of the best spot for scuba with its white sand beaches and crystal clear water.
– Try visiting Wat Plai Laem. This place is a Buddhist temple and is the place of the Goddess of Mercy and Compassion Guanyin. For another holiday recommendation, go check video on Koh Samui:
Krabi is a province in southern Thailand and located beside other provinces, such as Phang Nga, Surat Thani, and Trang. This place is also one of the most popular tourist destination in Thailand for its breathtaking nature as well as many beautiful beaches along its coastline. Krabi is covering its nearby small islands, such as the famous Phi Phi Islands.
Taken from Wikipedia, the climate here similar like in Phuket, which is the tropical monsoon climate, so from May to November, rain will happen almost every day. The average temperature here is around 27 degree Celsius.
Transportation in Krabi
To reach the province, you can fly from your country to Krabi International Airport, which is located around 15 kilometers from Krabi City. You may also take bus from Southern Bus Terminal of Bangkok to Krabi that will take up to 10 hours. When you are on the island, you can move around with their traditional transportation like Songthaew and TukTuk.
There are also regular Taxi when you can’t to move on the land and longtail boats when you want to go the small islands around Krabi.
Attraction in Krabi
Here are some recommended activities, you can do in Krabi:
– Try to go on island Hopping Tour. You can see the many towering limestone cliffs with turquoise water under your boat. The tour will takes you to May May beach, the James Bond Island, and the Koh Phi Phi as well as monkey island.
– For those who love extreme activities, try rock climbing tour in Railay beach or Ton Sai Bay.
– Try visiting ThungTeao Forest Natural Park. Here you can enjoy the forest emerald pool and beautiful landscapes.
Now, let’s compare Koh Samui and Krabi. From the accessibility, Koh Samui and Krabi can be accessed by plane but flight to Koh Samui is pricier than to Krabi. From the overall spending, Koh Samui is also more expensive than Krabi. From the Attraction, Koh Samui is better for people with children or honeymoon holiday while Krabi is perfect for those who loves extreme sports for you can do rock climbing, caving, bungee jumping, quad biking as well scuba diving.
Koh Samui vs Krabi
|– More expensive than Krabi||– More affordable than Koh Samui|
|– Have more modern and luxury vibe than Krabi||– More laid back and have more local feel|
|– Better for holiday with children and honeymoon||– Better for extreme sports lover|
All in all, the decision is all yours to make. But if you have to choose, you can suit your destination with your taste. If you have less to spend, enjoy some extreme sports and prefer holiday with more laid back vibe, Krabi is the one to go. At the other hand, if you plan on visiting with your children or want more romantic vibe for honeymoon, Koh Samui is the right choice.